Chive goat cheese omelette. Yum!
2 tbsp. finely chopped chives, plus more
1 tbsp. heavy cream
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. butter, plus more
2 tbsp. softened goat cheese
Whisk together eggs, chives, cream, and season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in an 8" nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture and stir briskly with a rubber spatula until eggs just begin to set but the center remains moist, about 1 minute. Use spatula to neaten edges and smooth over curds. Cook undisturbed until set in middle, about 1 minute. Dollop cheese down center. Use spatula to roll omelette into a 2 1⁄2"-wide oblong shape, folding it over filling. Turn omelette onto a plate; brush with a bit more melted butter. Sprinkle with finely chopped chives.
You can get your eggs and goat cheese from White Lotus Farms!
Fun Facts About Radishes
Versatile, Delicious, Crisp.
If you haven't had fresh radishes you may not know how crisp, delicious and versatile they are - as well as good for you. Rash salads, radish slaw, radish curry or just pop them in your mouth for a wonderful treat.
Did you know?
- Detoxification: Radishes help naturally detox the body removing fat from the liver and detoxifying the bloodstream.
- Regulate Blood Pressure: Potassium from radishes helps naturally regulate blood pressure.
- Low Calorie: 7 radishes only contain 15 calories but their high water content helps you feel full (similar to watermelon minus the natural sugars.) Great for munching with hummus or other dips.
- Boost Heart Health: Antioxidants found in radishes lower the risk of heart disease and heart attack by reducing cholesterol.
Carrot Radish Salad
15 min Start to finish:
- 4 medium carrots
- 6 large radishes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Shred carrots with a mandoline or other manual slicer or in a food processor fitted with shredding disk.
- Julienne radishes.
- Whisk together zest, juice, oil, and salt and pepper to taste and toss with vegetables.
Apple Radish Slaw with Honey Lime Jalapeño Vinaigrette - this one also uses chives!
Tart apples, crunchy radishes and a sweet and spicy vinaigrette all come together to create a healthy and refreshing slaw recipe perfect for BBQ season.
Author: Liz DellaCroce
- 1 in granny smith apple sliced matchsticks
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1/2 cup radish ministicks or 14 radishes cut in matchsticks
- 1/2 cup chives diced
Honey Lime Jalapeño Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 juice of lime
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño minced
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint minced
- In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette.
- Add slaw ingredients to the bowl (apples, carrots, radishes and scallions). Toss well and check for seasoning before serving. Adjust accordingly and serve.
For a mild vinaigrette, remove the seeds from the jalapeño before mincing because that is where the heat lies.